Profile Labyrinth Leave a note Box

Hello and welcome to my blog. Click on the navs above to explore. Thank you :)



Daily Stamps .
Virtual Self.
poupeegirl fashion brand community
Find & Follow .
Circle.

Emily
Junie
Elaine
Narugasawa
Ethel
Florence
Li-Wei
Yin
Serene
Saulo's Psychedelic Violence
Sarah
BonNie
Hoshiko
Priya
Synjie
Potter
Cappy
Waninoko
Arisa
Paik Hwa
Ryuujin
Lizzie
Kaii
Mashimaro
Kimiko
Mamoru
Rayray
Yumi
Myst
Xsaye
Vivian
Cheryl
Lavena
Devilene
Ryeain
Hani
Freya
Yin's Tumblr
Valiant Ho

RSS Feed.

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Credits.
Scrapkit Images: Gems
; Carrie Stephens
Brushes : Celestial-Star
Codes ref : Cynna
Scripts : Dynamic Drive
Sketchwork : Ryukku-K

SweetS.Sourire © Ryukku-K
Kip-ping Time !
signed on Friday, October 18, 2013 ;
The kips I’d ordered finally arrived! Good timing just when I’ve changed ‘Latuni’s’ face-up :3 

As mentioned in one of my previous post (post on arrival of MDD Latuni), MDD standing ability is terrible (can barely stand without a doll stand or support against a wall) =_= . I’ve only learned about this after researching upon receiving my first MDD (I wasn’t aware of this when I bought MDD Latuni; I even thought that the doll was initially damaged when I bought her lol). The knee and ankle joints are very weak, so they just bend easily and cannot support the weight of the body. Volks should be shameful about this. From what I heard, the new MDD bodies do not have these problems. 

After surfing on the net for a few seconds/minutes, I stumbled across Chibichibiusa’s post about using kips to strengthen MDD joints. I have always known kips are used commonly in BJDs but I have never use even one on either Eri or Orika lol. No wonder I’ve never made them do crazy poses :p 

  Putting on kips is fairly easy, all you need is both kips and screwdriver! 

Kip-ping Time Kip-ping Time


That said… the process for the ankle joints is much more troublesome… coz removing the soft vinyl part of the feet is huge pain! Definitely need hair dryer/heater to soften the vinyl…but still painful process, coz the feet vinyl is wrapped completely around the feet frame. 

Kip-ping Time 
 
 
But now I know how it looks like inside the feet! 
 
 
I’ve read from doll forum that the screws used by Volks in those ankle joints are too short – which is why the joints are so loose and weak. I wanted to try if kips would fix this. Surprisingly, fitting kips into the ankle joints did some pretty good work! However, after sometime, the ankle joints start becoming looser but still not as bad as when nothing was done about it. Kips could only do temporary fix on the ankle joints for now… Might need to find and change to longer screws.

 Now she’s able to stand without additional support! 

Kip-ping Time


Whoops...you might be able to notice the staining around her hips... This is actually much better from when she first arrived. I have done some stain treatment which fairly reduced the stain already, but I guess I didn't have all the patience for a complete removal lol (at least for the meantime). Now, can you tell how bad the staining on her was from her previous owner? I may need to blog about the severely stained body for my own record since I didn't write about it in the arrival post.

...


I can even pose her like this now! :’D 

Kip-ping Time

Labels: ,



;ryukku




6:55 PM;

0 comments | Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Older Posts | Home |
Categories.