Profile Labyrinth Leave a note Box

Hello and welcome to my blog. Click on the navs above to explore. Thank you :)



Daily Stamps .
Virtual Self.
poupeegirl fashion brand community
Find & Follow .
Circle.

Emily
Junie
Elaine
Narugasawa
Ethel
Florence
Li-Wei
Yin
Serene
Saulo's Psychedelic Violence
Sarah
BonNie
Hoshiko
Priya
Synjie
Potter
Cappy
Waninoko
Arisa
Paik Hwa
Ryuujin
Lizzie
Kaii
Mashimaro
Kimiko
Mamoru
Rayray
Yumi
Myst
Xsaye
Vivian
Cheryl
Lavena
Devilene
Ryeain
Hani
Freya
Yin's Tumblr
Valiant Ho

RSS Feed.

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Credits.
Scrapkit Images: Gems
; Carrie Stephens
Brushes : Celestial-Star
Codes ref : Cynna
Scripts : Dynamic Drive
Sketchwork : Ryukku-K

SweetS.Sourire © Ryukku-K
Peanut Cookies - Happy Lunar New Year 2013!
signed on Saturday, February 09, 2013 ;

Spring Festival is just around the corner; oops I mean tomorrow! 
Happy Lunar New Year! 


Not like I really care actually lol, and right now I am away from home, which makes me don't really feel the 'festivity'. The only thing that makes me care about the Spring Festival is my family and I really miss them :( 

What I miss are cookies and the food my Mom cook for this season! And I cant have them D: I can buy some similar cookies and ingredients from Chinatown though, but meh, don't have the time to do all of this. 

Well, but I still want to bake something! Love baking although I am not a good baker ;P So I managed to squeeze some time to bake one of my favourite cookies, Peanut Cookies! These addictive cookies are buttery-soft, crumbly and full with peanut goodness. I have plans for other snacks as well, but still haven't had the time to get the ingredients. And since I managed to get some yummy unsalted peanuts off the nearby grocery shelves, it was viable to make Peanut Cookies. I have basically all the other ingredients needed at home in my Laboratory (kitchen) :D 

I just googled up some recipes but didnt follow the amounts they specified. Just took a gist of the basic ingredients. Note, this is my first attempt making peanut cookies ;; 

Unsalted peanuts 
Plain flour 
Icing sugar 
Butter as shortening 
Salt 
Sunflower oil (my own choice since that's the only oil I have in my Laboratory other than Olive Oil, Truffle Olive Oil and Vegetable Oil...) 
 Egg 

Frying the peanuts~

Flecks of brown appeared~ 
Blend to pulverize~

I used blender coz I dont have mixer/processor D: Scary ... but it works! Then again, never try doing this using $15 blender! Use a high powered and reliable blender to blend such food if you are planning to use blender. 

Mix all dry ingredients~ 
looks like marble*

No pictures of mixing with oil and butter :P

Roll out cookies and decorate with a half-peanut! Glaze with beaten egg! Peanut babies~



... 


And out from Oven! 

Golden brown peanut babies ...!


This recipe is so unhealthy lol. But I thought this was only once in awhile occasion I would make this cookie, so it's alright. I have even stop having peanut butter on my bread. 


... 


Ta-da! Ghetto photoshoot! 


Coffee doesnt really fit in here, but I am just showing off what I have used to contain my cookies in! Yup, in that airtight and empty coffee tin!

And they actually turned out quite yummy! I am proud of myself haha



Wishing you a wonderful celebration and prosperous and healthy year ahead ~* 


Yummies into the mouth~!

Labels: , , , ,



;ryukku




7:07 PM;

0 comments | Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Older Posts | Home | Newer Posts
Categories.