Profile Labyrinth Leave a note Box

Hello and welcome to my blog. Click on the navs above to explore. Thank you :)



Daily Stamps .
Virtual Self.
poupeegirl fashion brand community
Find & Follow .
Circle.

Emily
Junie
Elaine
Narugasawa
Ethel
Florence
Li-Wei
Yin
Serene
Saulo's Psychedelic Violence
Sarah
BonNie
Hoshiko
Priya
Synjie
Potter
Cappy
Waninoko
Arisa
Paik Hwa
Ryuujin
Lizzie
Kaii
Mashimaro
Kimiko
Mamoru
Rayray
Yumi
Myst
Xsaye
Vivian
Cheryl
Lavena
Devilene
Ryeain
Hani
Freya
Yin's Tumblr
Valiant Ho

RSS Feed.

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Credits.
Scrapkit Images: Gems
; Carrie Stephens
Brushes : Celestial-Star
Codes ref : Cynna
Scripts : Dynamic Drive
Sketchwork : Ryukku-K

SweetS.Sourire © Ryukku-K
'Birth' of a new 'Homunculus'
signed on Thursday, October 17, 2013 ;
I have so many backlog stuffs to post about! (though most of them are about my dolls, they are the worthy things to blog about :p ... ever since I MIA from cosplaying lol) 

I have had MDD Latuni/Latouni/Latune (there is no fixed romanization of her name...) since months ago. I knew it will take awhile to fully personalize her, in terms of her face-up, joints repair and customizations, body stain removal (she has a severely stained body from previous owner...), clothings and wigs, mainly coz of funds problem for all of these. MDD/MSD requires me to build entire new doll wardrobe lol... Good that her default set consist of so many pieces which I can mix and match a variety of combinations! :D 


I have had in mind to shell one of my favourite OCs, Syris, into Latuni's, but still in a dilemma whether she is the right sculpt. 




I was having a hard time bonding with MDD Latuni and was thinking if it was actually a good decision to have brought her home :( 

So I figure I just had to remove the face-up and redo a custom one for her. I have been afraid to remove her default; the guilt of removing a one-off default face-up and lack of confidence in my face-up skills and techniques. But I know that the default face-up was the let down of this MDD and even if I have had it on or not, it wouldn't affect her selling point. My observation on the marketplace tells me that she is not a sought-after sculpt (AT ALL), even her beautiful outfit set doesn't sells well! D: It's just so saddening to learn this..... coz she has a beautiful face sculpt and beautiful outfit! 

Moving on, so I FINALLY had the courage to remove the face-up. I did it together with Eri's face-up~ Spring Cleaning~! I had some of practice on my face-up techniques on Eri's face and some other free commission BJD face-ups, before having the small increased confidence to do an 'anime' face-up. I have had only done natural face-ups for BJDs but not 'anime' face-ups on DDs. This will be challenging I know. 

Cleaning and removing DD's face-up is a real pain and long waiting time... coz you have to give the previous face-up stains the vinyl and have to be taken off with stain treatment process (which will take days). I use OXY10 for DD stain treatments. For this face-up removal process, I repeated 48 hours treatment once, and one 24 hours treatment (total 3 treatments). 




I removed everything, only leaving the bits of acrylic at the inner eye part and eyelids, so that I don't have to use more time and resources on painting those parts. 





I trusted my experience with my years of drawing and my developed manga-art style to doing the face-up. Like mentioned earlier, I have done the face-up with reference to my OC Syris. 
One picture of in progress~~ 


Dum dum dum 'Latouni' face-up in progress !


Ta-da! My first attempt at 'anime' face-up on DD / MDD. Overall quite happy with it ;w; But the eyebrows are almost non existent orz .. 




When I had her wig styled and put onto her.... 
She looks just like a Homunculus to me!! ///// 



'Homunculus' 'Homunculus' 'Homunculus' 'Homunculus' 'Homunculus'


Now I am in a ultimate dilemma whether to make her as Syris! Or another Homunculus OC, Hormuzd !!! T____________T 


Perhaps I need to get a more perfect Syris wig to decide.....sob sob sobbbbb.....

Labels: ,



;ryukku




4:46 PM;

0 comments | Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Older Posts | Home | Newer Posts
Categories.